In every business organization which is profit enterprises, it is very pertinent to adopt promotion as a tool for increasing sales volume for communicating with the target market (potential consumer). This is because business environment is very dynamic, hence, for a business to strive successfully in such environment and its continued existence, products and service offered and develop favourable attitude toward them.
However, promotion as one of the element of marketing mix is a form of communication that has significant role of creating customers awareness and boosting of sales, as stated by many author.
Promotion comprises of promo tools which are element of prom tools which are element of promotion mix. These are used or combined in appropriate way to design promotional sales volume.
Promo-tools are: personal Selling, Sales Promotion, Advertising, Publicity and Public Relations increase in competition and declining sales volume have necessitated us of effective promotional sales volume. In essence, a high quality product with reasonable price that is made available at appropriate place may not have many sales without the role of promotion in a depressed economy of Nigeria.
Therefore, there is a need to give strict attention to promotional ses volume which is a effective marketing sale volume in business organization in Nigeria for organizational goal i.e. profit making.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research work involves some problems and these are:
1. What is the effect f promotion as a tool for increasing sales volume in business organization like Nigeria Breweries PLC?
2. What is the general importance of promotional sales volume in business organization?
3. Which of the promo-tools is more effective in customer?s awareness and boosting of sales?
4. Can any of this promo-tools be used in isolation
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
1. To make known important of promotion as tool for increasing sales volume in business organization with a special reference to Nigeria Breweries Plc, in Ibadan.
2. To identify promo-tools used by company.
3. To claim that none of the promotional tools can be used in isolation.
4. To find out which of the promo-tools is more effective
1.3 RATIONALE FOR THE STUDY
1. This research work will reveal that promotion as a tool for increasing sales volume in Brewery industry which must be given out strict attention in business organization be it private or public enterprises.
2. It is s pre-requisite for the award of Higher National Diploma in marketing to blend theory and practice.
3. For necessary practical exposure in my field of study
1.4 SCOPE OF RESEARCH
This study is limited to promotion only as an element of marketing mix. This is limited to the sales department of the Nigerian breweries Plc, Ibadan.
The study will cover various promo-tools to those that are combined to design a promotion sales volume in every business, organization, as given by many authors, particularly in Nigeria Breweries Plc Ibadan.
1.5 HISTORY BACKGROUND OF NIGERIA BREWERIES
The Nigerian Brewery Plc, the point and the largest breweries company in Nigeria was in cooperated in 1946, its Ibadan Brewery was established in June 1982, this was followed by Aba-brewery in 1963 and on September 1993, company acquired its fifth breweries in Nigeria Enugu.
Thus, from its humble beginning in 1949, the company now has breweries from which its high quality product is distributed to all part of many great countries.
Nigeria Breweries Plc has rich portfolio of higher quality brands. Star larger beer (1949), Guilder lager beer (1970), Maltina (1976), legend extra stout (1992), Amstel Malta (1994) and Schweppes soda water (1992) was launched in December 1996.
They were followed in November 1997 by the introduction of Crush orange. In June 1998, the company also launched Heineken larger into the Nigeria market.
Nigeria breweries PLC, has increased export business that dates back in to 1986 currently, the breweries Plc keeps striving successfully internationally since this time.
In order to continue maintaining its goodwill in these international markets, the company established and development at centre at Ibadan in 1987 to enhance its research in all aspect of the breweries operation.