YALI Africa (YA) is a catalyst for transformational learning and leadership for youth in Africa; a robust program delivered using holistic, interactive, simulations and mentorship approaches. YA is a continental umbrella organization comprised of four Regional Leadership Centers (RLC’s). The four RLCs, located at African institutions of higher education in Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and South Africa, offer both in-person and online training. The RLCs are open to young leaders between the ages of 18-35 and serve as a place for regional collaboration driven by these young leaders who all have one agenda…to make an impact that matters in their communities.
The RLCs are located in Sub-Saharan Africa, drawing participants from a total of 49 countries in the continent, and ensuring diversity of language, culture and social economic background. Youth from these countries converge and interact during intensive training which aims to boost courage, innovation, Pan Africanism, diversity & social inclusion, change making and design thinking. The centers have empowered over 20,000 young leaders to date. YALI delivers a holistic curriculum that develops and supports a professional network of uniquely trained, highly qualified leaders in three tracks of study; motivates participants to be a positive force for transformational change in their communities; and encourages alumni to give back through training other leaders. For the first time ever, the four RLCs, under YALI Africa, are coming together to deliver a continental wide training program, effectively bringing young people from the 49 countries together under one venue for learning.
YALI Africa will provide core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialized training in three tracks of study: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership and Public Management. The inaugural cohort will take place from August 23 – October 15, 2021.
The Program Encourages Applications From:
• Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of sexual minorities
• Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
• People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
• Young leaders with disabilities • English language proficiency
• Other minority groups • Women
• Age (18-35) • Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
• Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
• Citizen of : Sub Saharan Africa • Ability to commit to an 8 – week online program
Application Deadline: June 16th 2021
For More Information: