1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Around the world road traffic injuries are a major public health challenges that requires concerted efforts for effective and sustained prevention. An estimated 1.2 million people are killed in road crashes every year and many as 50 million supper injuries. The world health organization believe that these figures could increase by more them half over the next 20year unless there is a firm commitment to road safety and accident prevention, especially in Nigeria, most adult will know of someone who has been killed or injured in a road traffic accidents. It is a dad fact that many of these accidents and their consequences will have been avoidable.
Therefore this project, computerized traffic offence documentation system will help to keep records of all traffic offences committed by road users and also maintain the databases of the commission (F R S C)
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The present system of traffic offence documentation system has a lot of problems which are mentioned below:
TIME: – going by the present system of operation, time is consumed in the manual handling of operation involves in road traffic documentation.
COST: – this is the greatest problem of the federal Road safety commission. The commission ends t o loose a lot of money running the agency manually.
DOCUMENT INSGRITY: This is viewed in the contest of the safety, in the contest of the safety, in validity of the records in the document files used in the report generation. In term of safety, the native of the system makes it vulnerable to left, fire or accidental distruction. This makes the system in safe as the time needed to replace lost data or files is enormously large.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study is designed to help federal Read safety commission to document all road traffic offences incurred by the road users.
This study also tries to give an in-depth looking in the easiest and most effective way for the growth and development of the federal Road safety commission of Nigerian in order to control and render its activities to the Nigerian and other coteries.
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives are as follows:
1. To provide better services to the public and users.
2. To keep records that are compact, integrated and up dated
3. To produce a system where information and output report will be produced or made available much faster more accurately and more detailed to the commission and the public (Road users).
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is strived at finagling out how effective the computerization of Nigerian Road safety commission will improve the operation of the commission.
However, the research project is limited to traffic offence documentation section.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. INFORMATION-this is the assemblage of data into a meaningful form.
2. F R S C
4. ROAD USER
(2) FRSC: Federal Road safety commission a body responsible for the control of Road users in the country Nigeria.
(3) Road user: person or persons making use or applying on the road.
(4) Data- it is unprocessed information.
(5) Computerization: – refers to the application of computer in performing operations or man?s problem like on mechanical a counting.