1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The secretary success book is computer the core skill needed by any secretary seeking, promotion or a move into management. The important outline represents the most demanded course in training programmers run by the author over 27 years. In the past 5 years we have been delivering these courses to secretary for over 150 of the top sectors international organization.
The courses have addressed the real world problem and issues of the model secretary. Extract report from those course have been 100 percent, positive. Furthermore feedback from delegates on the course has indicated that they are able to use the materials for career progress job enhancement and other training objectives of the course, which are reflected in this books to meet the varied need of the secretary who want to:- Make more of their jobs, acquire skill that will take them become executive secretary.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to determine the relevance of secretarial practice to the progress of a federal government i.e an institution which is federal polytechnic, Ede.
1.3 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Secretarial practice and its relevance to the upliftment of an institution, Advancement cannot be over ? emphasized.
Hence, to build a solid foundation of the secretary in an institution, it has been observed over the year, that secretary is very important in an institution essential for running in an organization has not been encouraging. It is therefore pertinent to in an organization.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
To further focus on this study, the following research questions are posed;
1. Does the use of computer save time?
2. What are the factors that determine performance of secretaries?
3. What are factors that motivate employees?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Secretaries in an organization have the part to take concerning the communication level as follows:-
1. Must be able to communicate effectively with all level of management.
2. Secretary must have substantial experience and training in oral written presentation and must demonstrate good written skills.
3. Secretary must prepare special analysis, research reports and proposal
4. Must need ability to compose effective correspondence.
5. Must be able to cultivate and maintain good customer relationship.
6. Must have ability to communicate and sell ideas
7. Must be able to cultivate.
8. There is need for her to skill in gathering analyzing and interpret data and din written analytical report.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The area of the research study covered the department where Secretaries operated including various gadgets and equipment used to carry out their duties of First Bank Plc.
1.7 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
The essential part of this project unique strange, abbreviation of word and technical team will examined for easy comprehension.
1. Financial Resource: This is an important aspect of a company financial and investing activity regardless of whether cash or other element of working capital.
2. Financial Liquidity: This is the nearness of asset and liabilities to cash.
3. Assets: These are things of values owned by the business. They are also called the resources of the business.
4. Shareholder/Stock holders: These are the owners of a corporation.
5. Liabilities: These are the debts our obligation owned by a business.
6. Interest Rates: This is the price of credit sample.
7. LCD?s: Loss and face value of delivery, Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary described and safety of person.
8. Liquidity: This is the ability to transform wealth holding into any form without loss and face value of delay.
1.8 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA
First Bank of Nigeria, Sometimes referred to as First Bank, is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services headquartered in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings and operates a network of over 150 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade related business between geographies. It specializes in retail banking and has the largest retail client base in Nigeria. In 2015, the Asian Banker awarded First Bank the best Retail Bank in Nigeria award for the fifth consecutive year