Newcastle University is pleased to announce the PhD Studentship for high-potential applicants in the UK. The studentship is available for the academic year 2021-2022.
The studentship is offered to all home and international students towards a PhD degree in Archaeology. This award will guarantee full tuition fee coverage along with a stipend for 3 years.
Newcastle University is a UK public research university currently ranked 152nd in the QS World Ranking published 2020 that aspires to be a people-focused university that harnesses academic excellence, innovation, and creativity to provide benefits to individuals, to organizations, and to society as a whole.
Why should you choose to study at Newcastle University? Newcastle University is completely dedicated to public benefit to advance education, learning, and research with an objective to build on this core purpose and provide new knowledge and creative solutions that make a positive impact. It works collaboratively with many external partners to shape brighter futures, grow the economy, and champion social justice. The ultimate goal of Newcastle is to support the staff and students’ development and allow them to reach their full potential.
Application Deadline: 30th August 2021
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: The School of History, Classics, and Archaeology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: the UK, EU, and international
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Archaeology is eligible to undertake at the Newcastle University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have basic knowledge of GIS.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the general admission application through the university portal. The applicants that wish to apply for the studentship are required to mail a covering letter and a CV at [email protected] and mentioning the code hca009 in the studentship reference field when filling the application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A transcript of your degree studies
- Certificates to confirm your degree or highest qualification
- A copy of your passport
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants applying for a PhD in Archaeology must have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g. geography, archaeology) to get into Newcastle.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT/ITP is also accepted.
The selected students will be handed a sum of £15,609 as a stipend across 3 years along with full-time tuition fee for UK/EU or international students.