If you are a high-caliber overseas student with the ambition to change your future, then you can apply for the PhD Position in Experimental Biophysics at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. The position is open to all international and domestic students for the academic year 2021-2022.
The University of Copenhagen has opened up this position to all domestic and international students who wish to take up a PhD degree in the Faculty of Science at the Department of Physics. The students will receive a salary and a supplement salary if selected to fill the position.
The University of Copenhagen, a public research university that is ranked among the top Public universities in Copenhagen and is also ranked 76th in QS Global World Rankings 2021 holds a mission to deliver internationally leading teaching and research which enable Denmark to become exceptionally good at creating value with IT.
Why choose the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen is the largest educational institution in Denmark with an international environment and reach. It offers the students assistance with admission, housing, student counselling, etc., and additionally offers orientation programs including various social events. Students, at the University of Copenhagen, are taught to take a critical and independent approach to their studies. Activities and events like the annual ‘Friday bar’, a social event organized by students at each department, gives students and staff an opportunity to socialize.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2021
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: DKK 333,464
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Students from Denmark and all other overseas countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a PhD position in the field of experimental biophysics at the Faculty of Science.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants need to enroll as a PhD students at the PhD school of Science.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply to the university through its online platform by creating and account and completing the application process. Candidates must fill the fellowship application form separately to be considered for the position.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover Letter
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications
- 1-3 reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to have an MSc degree in physics, nanoscience or similar with good results and good English skills.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT –83
- IELTS – 6.5
- CPE/CAE – Passed
The recruited applicants will receive a salary of DKK 333,464 including an annual supplement and a pension at a minimum of DKK 54,191.