This project is on Design and implementation of an online booking reservation system. Online Booking Reservation System enables companies to have a means of making reservations online; this is an easy method which saves a lot of time, it will enable customers in their comfort zone, to search for services and get their data easily without any prior experience with queuing at the counter. Online Booking Reservation System is the easier and quickest way to take make bookings for events, services and appointments. The online system is new in Nigeria and have not fully being explored to full potential in Nigeria. Currently, staffs of companies who are into online booking and reservations stay online to verify users, product selected and also payments made. Customers who find understanding the reservation system, still go to the physical address of the companies to make manual bookings. Sometimes, customer needs to queue up a long queue for Bookings and ask for informations. This brings a lot of inconveniences to the customers. Online Booking Reservation System with the Internet now routinely being used as a resource for Bookings.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Akwa Ibom State Transport Company currently operates a manual way of issuing out Travel Tickets. This system is usually cumbersome for a prestigious company with a large customer base. Customers sometimes queue in lines to buy tickets, thereby wasting precious and productive time for both the transport company and the passengers.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to develop an Online Booking Reservation system for AKTC. To;
- Provide a website where information about Bookings can be stored and viewed by passengers.
- Enable customers check the time departure and arrival for every Booking through the system.
- Retrieve and update Booking records
- To ease the ticket Booking payment by online. Customer has to pay
For their tickets using their debit Card.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
An online Booking Reservation system is a broad study, however, all the areas cannot be covered at once, this work is therefore limited in the automation of the process of passengers checking the availability of Bookings and having information of Booking fares.
This study is limited to Akwa Ibom Transport Company located in Akwa Ibom State.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
An online Booking Reservation is a significant tool, it will enable people from any point, to search for available Bookings and get their data easily without any prior experience queuing at the counter. Below is some of the significance of this research work: Customers can check availability of the specific service or product and pay for them.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Many factors have limited this study, some of these factors are:
- TIME – The time allocated to research work for this study was greatly constrained due to intense academic activities involving the researcher.
- FINANCE – The major constraints for this study occurred in the form of inadequate funds. The present high cost of material, access to a personal computer unit for running and debugging of the application program, transportation expenses to and fro the site of computer etc. militated against the smooth and easy advancement of the work.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
During the course of writing this project work, some words that need explanation are as follows:
- Booking Number – This uniquely identifies a Booking.
- Administrator – Refers to an authorized person, who has right to view and modify details.
- Reservation – The act of making available a given product or service.
- System – This is any collection of component elements that work together to perform a task. Online Booking tick Reservation System
- Module – One of a set of separate parts which, when combined, form a complete whole.